19990720: SeaWifs data in McIDAS?

>From: Crane John C 1Lt <address@hidden>

John,

>I ran across an old e-mail on your server from Dec 9, 1997 that said you may
>make McIDAS able to read SeaWifs data.

I believe that my comment at the time was that I would bet that SSEC was
interested in eventually having McIDAS support SeaWifs data.  I have not
heard anything from them on this yet, so it looks like it is still
in the future.

>I was wondering if this had
>happened, or when you expect it might.  I just got through looking at the
>page for McIDAS explorer, and it seems like we could use the package if it
>were able to read the SeaWifs data.

Hmm...  A page for McIDAS explorer seems like it must have come from some
group other than Unidata.  Where did you see this page?

Perhaps you should be talking directly to SSEC.  I suggest that you send
your inquiry to the MUG (McIDAS User's Group) Help Desk:
address@hidden.  They will be able to tell you if/when SeaWifs will
be supported and give you an idea of the licensing process for McIDAS
(Unidata would not be able to support you directly unless you are at
a university; SSEC supports McIDAS for government agencies, commercial
ventures, foreign governments, etc.).

>Thank you
>1Lt John C. Crane
>SWC/AEWG