19990715: unable to view profiler data using PROFDISP or PROFSECT (cont.)

>From: weather <address@hidden>

Robert,

>Thanks for the fix Tom.

No problem.  It was my fault, after all.

>Did I miss an update to the decoders, or an update to ldm-mcidas
>or was this a recent fix?

Nope.  It was my not making a new distribution available.  The good news
for me is that the number of sites actually looking at profiler data is
small (too many sites on the coasts where the data does not apply).

> If the fix is available, where can I get it for our x86 machine?

I put a binary release of ldm-mcidas out for Solaris x86 2.7 in the
pub/binary/sunos_5.7-i86pc directory of anonymous FTP on
ftp.unidata.ucar.edu.  The release number is still 7.4, but you can see
that the date on the distribution is June 24.  The decoders in the
binary release were built using gcc/f2c/mcfc, so they don't use any
shared Fortran libraries.  We have been running these decoders
operationally here on shemp (aka adde.unidata.ucar.edu) since June 24,
so they should work fine for you.

>Thanks,

Again, sorry for the hassle.

Tom

>From address@hidden  Thu Jul 15 16:51:34 1999

No problem, we are just going to Iowa for a campaign
leaving next week( I am the met guy)..right in the heart of
profiler country and I am building a profiler addition to the
web page.

Robert