19990713: ACARS Decoders

>From: "ORAM, TIM (JSC-ZS)" <address@hidden>

Tim-

>According to FSL's web page, UNIDATA has decoders for the ACARS data.   Do
>these decoders only convert from netCDF to GEMPAK, or is a netCDF to McIDAS
>MD converter available?

Right now, we only have a netCDF to GEMPAK decoder.  Tom will eventually
work on a netCDF to McIDAS decoder or an ADDE server for the netCDF files,
but I don't think that is his highest priority.  We have workshops coming
up and I think he is going to be full out on that for the next month.

Don
address@hidden                        P.O. Box 3000
Unidata WWW Server               http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/
McIDAS Demonstration Machine  http://mcdemo.unidata.ucar.edu/