19990708: help with mcidas-xcd

>From: Zuo Dong Zheng <address@hidden>

Zuodong,

>this is zuodong, i don't know if you still recall, but i have contact
>you about my mcidas-xcd instation on kingkong (the SGI machine).

Right.

>right now, since i don't have the required compiler for kingkong in
>order to install mcidas-xcd for testing purposes. i just installed
>mcidas-xcd on the official machine, lucky it went successful.  However,
>it is somehow the LDM not receiving data and i be very appreciated if
>you can check for me. (if you would be kind enough).  the machine is :

I logged onto halo and went into the LDM account and see at least one
typo in the pqact.conf file.  I have been talking with Ward Hindman
who said that he gives his blessing for me to get on the machine and
make any changes that are needed as long as I detail them back to
you.  So, what I need from you is:

o login as user ldm
o login as root

The root login is needed:

o if the LDM installation is incomplete
o to install the McIDAS remote ADDE server

>The directory there: mcidas7.1 is actually mcidas7.5, because i was too
>lazy to change all the env valables, so i just renamed the old one to
>mcidas7.1OLD and mcidas7.5 to mcidas7.1.

If I get all of the logins, I will fix up the installation to look and
act correctly.

>thank you very much,

You are welcome.

Tom