19990707: Question regarding IMGFILT

>From: Tye Parzybok <address@hidden>

Tye,

>Is there any way to average MORE THAN 2 AREA's (satellite
>images) to produce a composite average AREA file.

Yes.

>IMGFILT does
>a nice job averaging 2 AREA's, but how can I average more than
>2 with a single command. If not a single command, what combination
>of commands would you suggest I use?

Try IMGOPER.  Here is the beginning of the online help for it:

IMGOPER -- Applies mathematical functions to image data
  IMGOPER sdataset1..sdatasetn ddataset <keywords> "comment
Parameters:
  sdataset1..n | source ADDE dataset name(s) and position(s); specify
                 as alias.position or group/descriptor.position (no def
                 for alias or group/descriptor, def=0 for position)
  ddataset | destination ADDE dataset name and absolute position;
             specify as alias.position or group/descriptor.position;
             only positive integers are valid for the position number
  "comment | description placed in the image file directory's memo field;
             32 characters maximum (def=no comment)

You can see from this snippit that IMGOPER acts on a list of source
images to produce a single destination image.

>It also looks like I need
>to REMAP all of the AREA's before doing anything.

Yes, the images need to have the same size and navigation before you
start operating on them (otherwise you would be averaging pixels from
different locations).  So, you will have to use IMGREMAP to remap them
all into a common navigation before proceeding.

>Thank you in advance for your help/advice.

You are welcome.

Tom