19990705: Mcidas-XCD

>From: "Earle A. Ripley" <address@hidden>

Earle,

Its been a long time since we talked.

>I guess I can't put it off any longer!

I guess not :-(

>Can I update my Sun running SunOS 4.1.4 or will I have to install =
>Solaris on it?

Both McIDAS and the LDM are no longer support on SunOS 4.1.x, so it looks
like you will need to upgrade to Solaris.  The other alternative would be
to load a Unix (e.g. Solaris x86) on a reasonable PC machine (>= 200 Mhz
Pentium with at least 64 MB of RAM (128 is much better) and 8 GB of hard
disk).  Machines much more powerful than this can now be routinely purchased
for less than $1500 US.

Tom Yoksas