19990701: McIDAS inatallation problem (cont.)

>From: address@hidden

Haiyun,

>I asked my supervisor. He said you can logon our machine as mcidas.

Super.  This enabled me to quickly find that your problem was that
cc can not connect to the Sun license server.  Here is the test
that I ran to prove this:

cd mcidas7.5/src
cc -c zm.c

License Error : Cannot connect to the license server (dante)..
        for product(SPARCompiler C).
        (License server may not have been started)
Cannot connect to license server (-15,12:146) Connection refused
cc: acomp failed for zm.c

You need to get your system administrator to fix the license server
problem and then try the McIDAS build from scratch once again.

I forgot to also point out that your definition of CC was incorrect in
your .cshrc file.
You had:

setenv CC /opt/SUNWspro/bin/c89

On dante, there is no /opt/SUNWspro directory.  The C compiler is actually
found in /work3/SUNWspro/bin.

I changed your entry to:

setenv CC /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc

I changed c89 to cc since I have on occasion run into a problem using
c89 in stead of cc.

Tom