19990701: McIDAS inatallation problem (cont.)

>From: address@hidden

Haiyun,

>Our administrator upgraded our Fortran compiler from SC4.0 to
>SC5.0, but it didn't solve that problem. I still got the same
>message when I tried to make mcx. If I configure the TCL
>individually, It told me that "Can't run the test programs because
>of cross compiling". Can you tell me what is wrong with it?

OK, the cross compiling message I believe gives us the answer.  Check
the PATH for the user building McIDAS to see if the version of cc
that is first found is the one in /usr/ucb:

which cc

If it is, then your PATH is wrong, and you should rearrange it so that
the SC5.0 compilers are found first.  You should also do the following
start fresh (needed!):

<login as mcidas>
cd mcidas7.5/src
make clobber
<correct PATH in environment; verify that correct (SC5.0) cc compiler
 will be found by examining the output of 'which cc')
make all

>Thank you very much!

Please let me know if this solved your problem.

Tom