19990625: problems with McIDAS/GEMPAK Gif images and ImageMagick (cont.)

>From: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>

Robert,

re: in McIDAS you can turn backgrounds white.
>Actually, I have been doing that with McIDAS(actually I made a *.GRX file
>for Black and White images),  but we wanted to be able
>to convert images already saved GIF"S with black to a white background for
>better results when printing.  I showed him how to do this with ImageMagick
>and a GEMPAK image and negate produced a green background, the
>same with a McIDAS GIF.  I obtained IM 4.0.6 and everything
>is fine now.
>
>I do have a question, actually John was wondering this,
>will there be a print feature in the next incarnation of your
>GUI in 7.6?

I sure hope to have some time to work on my GUI.  The code to send to a
PostScript (tm) printer is alreay there in SVPS, so this should not be
too hard.  My only problem is time!

Later...

Tom