19990622: McIDAS-X on NT

>From: "charles h. murphy" <address@hidden>

Charlie,

>    Hope you are well.

Doing very well, thanks.

>    I wanted to follow up on our conversations in May when I was in
>Boulder about running McIDAS-X on NT using Interix.
>
>    I got the X-server from MicroImages (www.microimages.com)
>and installed it and I can use it to run McIDAS-X on my UNIX
>machine and display on NT.  Then I just got Interix and installed it
>and can  run some xwindow demo programs that display on
>the MicroImages Xserver (you also get a 60 day trial CD from
>Humming Bird that has their Xserver on it).

Super.

>    Anyway I was wondering if Unidata has access to the binaries
>for McIDAS-X compiled to run under Interix and if so is it
>possible that I could get them and explore the possibilities of running
>on NT?

I do have access to this distribution, but have not grabbed it yet.  I
can snag it and give you access so you can poke around on it.  You will
have to remember, however, that this is NOT the Unidata distribution,
so it will be missing some key functionality (like NOWrad display
navigation, NLDN lightning, etc.).

Still interested?  If so, I will FTP the distribution from SSEC and get
you access.  Please let me know.

>Thanks,
>Charlie

Tom