19990622: Question for Don M.

>From: address@hidden

Alan-

>       I hope you are well.

Busy as always, but good to hear from you.  I've been wondering
how things are going at UNI.

>I have a question
>with regards to the upcoming discontinuation of
>the non-imagery McIDAS products.  Is the LDM on
>Findeisen creating the MDXX, GRID, etc. files
>needed by the OS/2 McIDAS boxes, such that if
>they are feeding off of Findeisen they'll still
>be able to display MDXX fields?  Thanks for your
>help.

It depends on what you mean by "feed".  If you are
still feeding the McIDAS datastream to bjerknes and
the OS/2 boxes are looking at bjerknes for data, then
the answer is no.  The MDXX files that findeisen is
creating are not "fed" in a datastream to bjerknes.

If the OS/2 boxes are mounting their
data from findeisen, then the answer is yes.  If you
are set up in the former configuration, you should
change the OS/2 boxes so they mount their data from
findeisen and then you will still get display the MDXX
data.  We will be sending out a script that you can set
up on findeisen to create the NGM and MRF grid files.

I'll send a confirmation in another note, but we just had
a cancellation for the GEMPAK workshop, so there is a slot
open for you.  Otherwise, the session was full and I was going
to have to send you a "sorry" message.

Don