19990524: McIDAS inatallation problem (cont.)

>From: address@hidden

Haiyun,

>  Thank you for your reply and help.
>  I did exactly as you said except that I didn't set the home
>directory as /home/mcidas/. But I set the McINST_ROOT to the
>mcidas' $HOME not $HOME/mcidas7.5.

What you did is correct.  The reason I said $HOME is that I didn't
know exactly what the HOME directory for your 'mcidas' user was.

>According to the messages
>displayed on the screen during the make process, I am sure
>that it found the right directory.

OK.

>  The whole message that shew me someting was wrong is

>rm -f tclcomp
>sh tclcomp.sh /work3/carbone/mcidas/tcl ../tcl ../tk tclcomp -vendor
>tclcomp.sh: Couldn't find Tcl configuration information
>***Error Code 1
>make: Fatal error: Command failed for target 'tclcomp'

>   note: Here, /work3/carbone/mcidas is the Mcidas' home directory I
>set

Very strange indeed.  The invocation 'sh tclcomp.sh ...' is correct.
The '-vendor' flag tells me that you are attempting a build using
Sun-supplied compilers (e.g. SC4.2 or something other release) and
not gcc/f2c (a newly supported combination for a very limited set of
operating systems).

What you did not include in this reply was what compilers you are
trying to use.  For instance, what does the following commands return:

<login as 'mcidas'>
cd mcidas7.5/src
which cc
which f77

Tom

>From address@hidden  Thu May 27 08:52:38 1999

Tom,

I checked my cc complier and fortran compiler. My f77 is SC4.0.
That may be the problem. I was told that the f77 is SC5.0 so I didn't
check it before.I will get a SC5.0 in a few days. I hope the problem
can be solved.

Thank you very much for you help.

Haiyun

Department of geography