[no subject]

>From: Anthony James Wimmers <address@hidden>

Tony,

>Is it necessary to use the MERIDIONAL keyword on operations on MRF
>(mercator) or ETA (lambert-conf) grids?

The MERidional= keyword for GRDDISP only has an affect for the
DERIVE=ABV, DSH, DST, DVG, or VOR fields.  For any other derived other
derived field, it has no effect.  To answer your question, no it is
not _necessary_ to add the MER= keyword for MRF or ETA grids, but it
does help correct for the smaller and smaller distances between
longitude lines as one approaches the pole.  I think you will find
that the effect of teh adjustment is small, however.

Tom