19990418: computing divergence with new ADDE commands

>From: weather <address@hidden>

Robert,

>One of the most useful charts for us is surface divergence.
>The old "SCC DVG OLAY" worked great.  In trying to switch
>everything over, I don't see documentation how to create
>divergence (or vorticity, for that matter) at the surface
>or upper-levels with RAOBCON,SFCCON, PTCON.  How do I
>create it?

I am sorry to say that the 7.[2345] versions of PTDISP/PTCON do not
support mathematical combinations of fields.  Version 7.6 is, however,
slated to include this functionality.  Once PTxxx can handle math,
the ROABCON, SFCCON, etc. drivers of PTCON will be upgraded to also
provide the math capabilities.

I _really_ wish I had better news...

Tom