19990413: building mcidasx (cont.)

>From: address@hidden

Alan,

I decided to checkup on your progress on waldo this morning.  I see
that the build failed again.  I took a quick look at 'mcidas's .cshrc
file and see that there is a problem:

setenv PATH ${MCGUI}:$PATH

set path=(/bin /usr/bin /usr/local/bin /etc . /usr/ccs/bin /usr/ucb)

The 'setenv PATH ${MCGUI}:$PATH' line should be after the 'set path='
line.  What is going on is that the 'setenv PATH' is adding the /home/mcidas/bin
directory to the PATH for 'mcidas', but then path is being changed to
a set that no longer includes it.  I recommend changing .cshrc to
read like:

set path=( $MCGUI /bin /usr/bin /usr/local/bin /etc . /usr/ccs/bin /usr/ucb)

and eliminate the 'setenv PATH ${MCGUI}:$PATH' line altogether. Sorry I
didn't notice this the other day when I was on your machine.

Since I want to see you get rolling, I made the modification to .cshrc
myself, sourced .cshrc in my session to make the changes active, and then
restarted the McIDAS-X build:

vi .cshrc
<modify PATH>
source .cshrc
cd mcidas7.5/src
make all

I left the build running after I logged off, so we will see if completes
sucessfully (everything was going smoothly when I got off).

Tom