19990328: Where is or what is DNGENNAV?

>From: Craig Motell <address@hidden>

Craig,

>I see references to USE NV1SAE & NV1EAS FOR NAV TRANSFORMATION (SEE
>DNGENNAV)
>
>In the navigation routines. So far I can't find where this
>documentation, or include file, or program is.
>
>Can you point me to it?

It appears that you might be looking at a really old copy of the
McIDAS Application Programming Manual; true?  When McIDAS was on
an IBM mainframe, "edit members" (files in our world) typically
started with the DN letter sequence.  If you are looking at old
documentation, I suggest that you go to the Unidata McIDAS-X HomePage:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/mcx

and click on the Programmer's Rev. link under Documentation.

>Also, why were at it.
>
>McIDAS refers to SOCKETS. What is a socket?

A socket is a Unix communication thingy.  You can get more information
than I can provide by looking at man page entries for socket on your
system.

>Finally, who will win the NBA western division this year?

I am betting on Utah for the Midwest division and the Lakers for
the Pacific division.  I don't think that Scottie Pippin will be
enough for the Rockets down the stretch (they are aging pretty fast),
and Portland just has to take a dive sometime.

>Thankyou,

Later...

Tom