19990324: segmentation violation with GRDDISP and McIDAS-X 7.5 (cont.)

>From: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>

Robert,

If you don't object, I will be attempting to create a simple example
that demonstrates the problem that was causing GRDDISP, GRDCOPY, and
GRDINFO to produce segmentation violations when the subroutine MCGGET
is compiled with "-O" optimization.  As soon as I get the example, I
will be sending it to Sun so they can see what is wrong with their
SC5.0 Fortran compiler.

Another quick side note:  I have noticed that the connectivity to
psnldm.nsbf.nasa.gov is very bad while, at the same time, the connectivity to
wxmcidas.nsbf.nasa.gov is good.  My login sessions to psnldm go along
and then freeze for a few seconds up to a couple/three minutes.  I
took the liberty of logging onto wxmcidas so that I could check the
connection to it when the connection to psnldm freezes.  I am a little
mystified about this since the machines are apparently on the same
subnet:

/home/mcidas% ping psnldm.nsbf.nasa.gov
PING psnldm.nsbf.nasa.gov: (192.149.107.23): 56 data bytes

/home/mcidas% ping wxmcidas.nsbf.nasa.gov
PING wxmcidas.nsbf.nasa.gov: (192.149.107.53): 56 data bytes

So far, I have seen a number of instances of freezes on psnldm while
response from wxmcidas is snappy.  I don't want to alarm you, but could
it be possible that there is some sort of networking problem with your
new machine?

Tom