19990323: segmentation violation with GRDDISP and McIDAS-X 7.5 (cont.)

>From: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>

Robert,

I got back on your system this evening and did some more poking
around.  I found that not only does GRDDISP produce a segmentation
violation, but GRDINFO and GRDCOPY also produce the same results.

All of these routines call MCGGET.  If I compile it with optimization
turned off and relink GRDDISP, GRDINFO, and GRDCOPY, they run without
problems.  As soon as mcgget.for is compiled with optimization, all of
these GRD* routines dump core.

I don't know the reason for the cause of the failure yet, but at least
I know where to look.

I am leaving your system with an unoptimized version of mcgget.o
included in libmcidas.a, so relinks of whatever routines that call it
(there may be more than above; I havn't checked yet) should produce
functional code.  I will upload a fix as soon as I can figure out
exactly what is happening (assuming, of course, that the problem is
in the mcgget.for code and not in the compiler).

Tom