19990322: Unidata McIDAS 7.50 Versions now available

>From: Chris Novy <address@hidden>

Chris,

>I'm still running 7.10 for OS/2.  I eventually plan to migrate over to
>Unix (hopefully this summer).  However, if I install 7.50 will I have to
>make a bunch of changes to my scripts?

Yes.  To see what the impacts would be, please review the Release Notes
for both the 7.40 and 7.50 releases.

>That is, will the ADDE commands
>obsolete the command being used in 7.10 to generate GIF images for our
>web site?

SVGIF has not been changed, so the process of turning a display into
a GIF (tm) will not change.  The process for generating the display
will, on the other hand, most likely change for you (depends on what
you are using).  ADDE routines will eventually totally replace non-ADDE
routines where data access is concerned.

Tom Yoksas