19990319: Package access

>From: "MSgt David A. Smith, DFEG, 3-2553" <address@hidden>

Dave-

>I just got a Sparc 20 up and running Solaris 5.6.  I was able to get LDM, but
>not Gempak and Mcidas.  Seemed like this was the procedure to obtain.

GEMPAK and McIDAS are both password protected.  Access information
is below.  Use ftp.unidata.ucar.edu as the server.

GEMPAK:

user: gbuddy
passwd: XXXXXX
dir: nawips-5.4
file: gempak54upc_pl8.tar.gz

Documentation:  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak

McIDAS:

user: umcidas
passwd: XXXXXX!
dir: unix/740           (note we are going to release 7.50 this week
                         so then it will be unix/750)
Documentation: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/mcx

The best way to download the McIDAS software is to use the installation
instructions at the address listed above.  There is a page for downloading
the files - the username and password is the same.

>Hey, y'all wouldn't happen to publish these on CD would you?

Not at this time.

Hope you are enjoying Colorado Springs - even if they don't have
bizzare grocery stores. ;-)

Don Murray