19990311: question about mcidas upper air

>From: Dana Quinn <address@hidden>

Dana,

>Hello!  I have question about mcidas.  I am trying to set up
>a script to create some hodos at 0 and 12Z.  I'm going to
>make a number of them.  But if I put in something like
>ILX or KILX for Lincoln, Il, I get:
>HODO: Unable to locate 5-digit IDN for ILX
>
>ILX did work under its number.

>OTX, for example, seemed to work, but KOTX didn't.

This is telling us that ILX and OTX are not listed in your copy of the
station database, IDMSL.  Since OTX is in the 7.4 version of IDMSL, it
seems that you are still using McIDAS-X 7.1; true?  The 7.5 version of
IDMSL (we are readying 7.5 for release) has both of these stations.

>This kinda seems odd - are there updated databases
>with the letter IDs in them?

You can grab our latest version of IDMSL from the stntable directory
under the data/stntable directory of our passworded McIDAS FTP account
on ftp.unidata.ucar.edu.

Tom