19990210: FRNTDISP

Rick-

Tom has updated our distribution with the latest version of FRNTDISP.
In addition to the changes for the new formats, I also added some
mccodeset stuff which involved some other code changes.  As I mentioned
in my last note, this is available from our addenda page in the
mcupdate.tar.Z file.  We don't usually announce changes unless they
are major.  If you find a problem with one of our routines, check
the addenda page first to see if it has already been fixed.
(http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/mcx/addenda.html)

The version that is in that file does not have the library routines
mapdraw and u0putftime.  mapdraw has not changed from the XRD version
and u0putftime was updated to output ccyyddd format.  (changed mccydtoyd
calls to mcydtocyd calls) I've included the new u0putftime.for after this
message.  This should only be used for 7.5.

Let me know if you have any questions/problems.

Don
address@hidden                        P.O. Box 3000
Unidata WWW Server               http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/
McIDAS Demonstration Machine  http://mcdemo.unidata.ucar.edu/

*$ Name:
*$      u0putftime - put the "frame" time for a particular frame
*$
*$ Interface:
*$      integer function
*$      u0putftime(integer iframe, integer iday, integer itime)
*$
*$ Input:
*$      iframe  - Number of the frame whose directory is being written.
*$      iday    - day to put in frame directory (yyddd or ccyyddd format)
*$      itime   - time to put in frame directory (hhmmss format)
*$
*$ Input and Output:
*$      none
*$
*$ Output:
*$
*$ Return values:
*$      -2 = couldn't convert date to correct format
*$      -1 = error updating date/time
*$       0 = successfully updated date/time in frame directory
*$       1 = frame time not updated because there is an image time in it already
*$

      integer function u0putftime(iframe, iday, itime)

      implicit none

      integer fday
      integer iframe
      integer iday
      integer itime
      integer ifdir(64)
      integer mcydtocyd                     ! <<<<< UPC mod 981208 >>>>>
      integer ret

      u0putftime = -1

      call getfrm(iframe, ifdir)

c Update the Frame directory with the day and time of the data if this
c frame does not have one associated with it and set type to 3 (misc
c imagery))

      if (ifdir(1) .eq. -1 .or. ifdir(1) .eq. 1 .or.
     &    ifdir(1) .eq. 3 .or. ifdir(1) .eq. 11 .or.
     &    ifdir(2) .eq. 0 ) then
        ifdir(1) = 3
        ifdir(3) = itime
        ret = mcydtocyd(iday, fday)        ! convert the day to ccyyddd format
        if (ret .lt. 0) then
           u0putftime = -2
           goto 10
        endif
        ifdir(2) = fday
        call putfrm(iframe,ifdir)
        u0putftime = 0
      else                                 ! keep image time in frame
        u0putftime = 1
      endif

 10   return
      end