19990204: wxbox update

Tony-

(I was going to send this to you yesterday afternoon, but I ran into
a problem configuring wxuser to use ADDE.  Turns out I had some typos
in the .cshrc which are now fixed).

I updated McIDAS-X on wxbox to version 7.4.  I built it using gcc
and f2c.  This was a good test because we found a couple of mistakes
in our documentation and I learned what is needed for other sites to
do this.

Your setup is a little different than the norm because you had a binary
distribution before.  So McIDAS-X is installed in /home/mcidas/mcidas74
and there is a link between this directory and it's the subdirectories
to /home/mcidas/runtime which is what used to point to /home/mcidas/solaris
(7.1 binary distribution).  At some point (7.5) we may want to make
this a standard setup, but for now, it works the way it is.

I also updated your system to be using the ldm-mcidas-7.4.0 decoders.  I
regularized the use of ldm-mcidas by removing the decoders from ~ldm/decoders
and putting /usr/local/ldm-mcidas/bin in the user ldm's path.  This way,
you can easily drop in a new release and then just change the runtime
link in the future.  The only piece of ldm-mcidas that I left in
~ldm/decoders is the script batch.k which is used by post-process batch
files.  I'll have to talk to Tom about this.

I'm not sure if the guys working on the web server were mucking around
with the post-process batch files to generate web products, but the
old files are in /home/mcidas/solaris/data if they need them.  It didn't
look like any had been changed, but I just want to let you know that the
7.1 distribution is still there.

Lastly, I took a look at the strings you have set up for the user
wxuser.  There are some commands that are no longer in the distribution.
(FASTXT, WWPLOT) and others will be sunset this summer. I've taken your
custom strings and offer alternatives using ADDE commands for each of
them that could be changed:

8IR     := DF 151 2 EC DDC 2 SF=Y;MAP H 7

IMGDISP RTIMAGES/GE-IR.1 2 STA=DDC MAG=2 SF=YES REFRESH='EG;MAP H 7'

8IRLOOP := ALOOP 150 159 7 10 EC DDC EU=IRA CMAP=7 DWELL=1 10 LIMIT=24 MAP=Y H

IMGDISP RTIMAGES/GE-IR ALL=7 16 STA=DDC EU=IRA SF=YES REFRESH='EG;MAP H 7';LB 7
16;DR 9*1 10;DR AUTO

8VLOOP  := ALOOP 210 219 23 10 EC JAX 1 SU=H2O CMAP=8 DWELL=1 10 LIMIT=24 MAP=Y

IMGDISP RTIMAGES/GE-WV ALL=23 32 STA=JAX EU=H2O SF=YES REFRESH='EG;MAP H 8';LB
23 32;DR 9*1 10;DR AUTO

9IRLOOP := ALOOP 130 139 7 10 EC 33 128 CMAP=8 DWELL=1 10 LIMIT=24 MAP=Y H

IMGDISP RTIMAGES/GW-IR ALL=7 16 LATLON=33 128 EU=IMAGE SF=YES REFRESH='EG;MAP H
8';LB 7 16;DR 9*1 10;DR AUTO

9VLOOP  := ALOOP 170 179 23 10 EC 34 128 1 SU=H2O CMAP=7 DWELL=1 10 LIMIT=24
MAP=Y H

IMGDISP RTIMAGES/GW-WV ALL=23 32 LATLON=34 128 EU=H2O SF=YES REFRESH='EG;MAP H
7';LB 7 16;DR 9*1 10;DR AUTO

COIR    := DF #SYS(2145) 1 EC COS 3 SF=Y;MAP H 7

IMGDISP RTIMAGES/GE-IR 1 STA=COS MAG=3 EU=IMAGE SF=YES REFRESH='EG;MAP H 7'

COLOOP  := ALOOP 150 159 17 10 EC CYS 3 CMAP=7 DWELL=1 10 LIMIT=24

IMGDISP RTIMAGES/GE-IR ALL=17 26 STA=CYS MAG=3 EU=IMAGE SF=YES REFRESH='EG;MAP
H 7'

COVIS   := DF #SYS(2148) 1 EC COS 3 SF=Y;MAP H 7

IMGDISP RTIMAGES/GE-VIS 1 STA=COS MAG=3 EU=IMAGE SF=YES REFRESH='EG;MAP H 7'

DATA    := FASTXT CLI DEN NUM=3

WXTLIST APRO=CLI ASTN=DEN NUM=3

EIR     := DF 152 1 EC STL EU=IRA SF=Y;MAP H 7;UCC Z 500 OLAY 12 COLOR=3;UCC T
700-500 OLAY CINT=2 COLOR=2;SPC WX OLAY COLOR=4;FRONT;WWPLOT;NLDNPLT LIG- OLAY
FRAME LSYMB=

IMGDISP RTIMAGES/GE-IR.2 1 STA=STL EU=IRA SF=YES;MAP H 7;UCC Z 500 OLAY 12
COLOR=3;UCC T 700-500 OLAY CINT=2 COLOR=2;SPC WX OLAY
COLOR=4;FRNTDISP;WWDISP;NLDNDISP LIG- OLAY FRAME SYMB=PLUS LSIZE=4 COLOR=5

LTG     := NLDNPLT LIG- OLAY FRAME LSYMB=CIRCLE LSIZE=2 COLOR=3;NLDNPLT LIG+
OLAY FRAME LSYMB=PLUS LSIZE=4 COLOR=5

NLDNDISP LIG- OLAY FRAME SYMB=CIRCLE LSIZE=2 COLOR=3;NLDNDISP LIG+ OLAY FRAME
SYMB=PLUS LSIZE=4 COLOR=5

LTGNEW      := NLDNPLT LIG- OLAY LSYMB=CIRCLE LSIZE=2 COLOR=3;NLDNPLT LIG+ OLAY
LSYMB=PLUS LSIZE=4 COLOR=5

NLDNDISP LIG- OLAY SYMB=CIRCLE LSIZE=2 COLOR=3;NLDNDISP LIG+ OLAY SYMB=PLUS
LSIZE=4 COLOR=5

PRO         := PROPLT PLTC2 LATEST 24 -1

PROFSECT PLTC2 LATEST 24 -60

SATMDR      := EG I;DF 1501 2 EC DDC 2 EU=NORTEL SF=Y;MAP Y 7

IMGDISP MYDATA/IMAGES.1501 2 STA=DDC MAG=2 EU=NORTEL SF=YES;MAP H 7

One thing to note is that these commands are based on a workstation having
32 frames.  By default, McIDAS-X sessions start with only 17 frames, so
any commands that load into frames above 17 will fail (8VLOOP, 9VLOOP, COLOOP)
so you will need to adjust the frame values accordingly (ALL= values).
You could try to start up with more frames, but you may not have enough
system resources to handle this.

Try the ADDE versions from the command line to make sure they work, and let
me know if you have any questions about these new commands.  If you like
the new commands and change the strings, you could copy the string table
over to winfo2 and mclap.

Don