[LDM #RYQ-254352]: Inquiry on additional LDM support and training

Hi,

re:
> To follow-up on a time, are you available at 14:00 Mountain Time / 13:00
> Pacific Time tomorrow (March 4th) or Monday (March 7th)?

I can be available today at 14:00 MST.  Monday is still OK for me too.

re:
> Bruce Chiarelli (CC'ed) may be able to answer these questions better.

OK.

re:
> To answer at least one of your questions.  The OS would be RedHat Linux REL
> 8.

Very good.

re:
> The rest of the answers are dependent on our further discussion, but I
> did provide a summary of what we discussed last month to our System
> Administrators.

I really asked the questions to set the framework for the discussion we will
be having.

re:
> Here is some of that information:
>
> 1. The current LDM queue is a little over 4 GB and the machine has about
>    12 GB of memory. The VM has only had about 4 GB of space available,
>    but this can be modified.

If I recall our previous Zoom sessions correctly, I seemed to recall coming
to the conclusion that it would be best if your LDM queue size were
significantly
larger than what it is now.  This, in turn, would require that there be more
vRAM in the VM.

re;
> 2. The VM should have enough memory to memory map the LDM queue and to run
>    a number of the LDM processes.

The other thing I think I recall was commenting that having more vCPUs
available in the VM would be very useful

re:
> 3. To run the LDM with no additions at least 64 GB of memory is needed
>    to run multiple data feeds.

Yes, a VM with this much memory and additional vCPUs would give you an
environment where you could implement all of the processing that was
being done in your old environment with plenty of room to grow your
activities.

re:
> 4. With respect to filesystem storage, the VM should have 100 GB of
> file system space on where it lands before being transferred or migrated
> to its final location.

Very good.

re:
> 5. The virtual CPU needed for decoders and processing power should be at
> least 8 cores or more.

Excellent.

re:
> With respect to the amount of memory needed (1&3), I believe we discussed
> a minimum of 16-32 GB, but I requested double given that some of the data
> feed we have had coming in seems to be overwritten leading to some of the
> queue being deleted before the data transfers have a chance to finish.

Excellent.

re:
> Please let me know if you need any additional information.

No, that is enough to set the stage for our upcoming discussions.

re:
> Thank you very much for your time and help.

No worries.

Ticket ID: RYQ-254352
Department: Support LDM