[LDM #JHM-887622]: LDM product queue got corrupted, again...

Hi Ryan,

So, to make sure I understand,

   - The upstream LDM ingests NOAAPort products and only forwards them to
   the Unidata Program Center (UPC)
   - The downstream LDM doesn't request anything from the upstream LDM
   - The downstream LDM requests EXP products from meso.aggregatehail.com
   - When the downstream LDM was restarted, NEXRAD3 products stopped being
   inserted into the upstream LDM's product-queue

Please correct any misunderstanding on my part.

If the upstream LDM only forwards to the UPC, then how did you notice that
NEXRAD3 products weren't being inserted into its product-queue.

Our NOAAPort dish goes straight to Unidata and nobody else, not even
> ourselves.
>
> Is there anything relevant in the LDM log file (or any other log file) for
> > when this happened?
>
> I'll take a look but I didn't see anything at the time. I'll coordinate
> with Gilbert who is more adept at identifying issues through the LDM logs.
>
>    - The Downstream LDM is a separate host.
>    - There were no NEXRAD3 requests from the Downstream LDM to the Upstream
>    LDM.
>    - The Downstream LDM retrieves products from the Upstream LDM using the
>    "EXP" feedtype (MRMS from NCEP in this case) and nothing else.
>
> bird01.allisonhouse.com (NOAAPort; et al) -> Unidata ->
> meso.aggregatehail.com (
>
> https://rtstatstest.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/siteindex?meso.aggregatehail.com
> )
> -> *Internal LDM that only makes "EXP" requests for MRMS data from meso.
>
> * LDM restarted on this machine led to NEXRAD3 no longer saving to the
> product queue. This has happened two or three times before, as I've said,
> so I no longer believe this to be a coincidence. With that made clear, I
> really ought to verify the version of this LDM is up-to-date. (It's out of
> Gilbert's control or it would've been done pre-release hah.)
>
> I hope this clarifies things better. Again, I'll coordinate with Gilbert
> and see if there's something in the logs that might hint at what's going
> on. The last couple of times there hasn't been but I'm crossing my fingers.

--Steve

Ticket ID: JHM-887622
Department: Support LDM