[LDM #RYQ-254352]: Inquiry on additional LDM support and training

Hi,

re:
> I would like to go through what items might need deleting or
> updating to build and maintain the LDM process on our current
> system.  Once we get more information and a listing of issues,
> I want to verify some of the deletions with my department head
> before proceeding.

OK.  The best thing about installing a new version of the LDM is
it can be done while changing _nothing_ in the current environment
EXCEPT the runtime link that points at the LDM version to use.  My
comment about the utility of clearing out some cruft was aimed at
removing old, archaic and non-functional LDM installations.  These
can be left in place, but keeping all of the old stuff, especially
the stuff that is not working, is one of the things that is making
the LDM setup at NPS so hard to understand.

re:
> I should have more time later this afternoon (February 2nd) and
> tomorrow (February 3rd) after 2:30 PM Pacific or sometime after
> 11:00 AM on Friday (February 4th) to continue the discussions.
>
> Please let me know when you may be available for another discussion.

I am available this afternoon at whatever time is convenient for you.
I should also be available after 11 PST on Friday, but there is always
the possibility that something else will come up that will require my
attention, so getting together today would be preferable.

re:
> Thank you very much for your time and help.

No worries.

I will be on the lookout for a Zoom link from you...

Ticket ID: RYQ-254352
Department: Support LDM