[LDM #RYQ-254352]: Inquiry on additional LDM support and training

Hi,

reL:
> I could use some support on how to properly test the data stream
> connections and add additional data streams to a newly installed
> LDM process.  A walkthrough and breakdown of some of the terminology
> and processes would be greatly appreciated.
>
> What time for a call/video chat through Microsoft Teams might work
> for either of you?  I should have availability after 2:00 PM Pacific
> Time today (January 25th) or tomorrow (January 26th) after 10:30 AM
> Pacific.  If today or tomorrow does not work for you, I could get
> back to you on a time for Thursday or Friday.  What day and time frame
> may work best for you?

I will not be available this afternoon, but I should be available
tomorrow after 15:00 MST.  Right now, my schedule is completely open
on Thursday and Friday.

re:
> Currently, I am making my way through the steps for the configuring of LDM:
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/configuring.html
>
> I have encountered some issues with this configuration process.
> Below is one of the errors that I have received when using ldmadmin
> start:
>
> 1.  ERROR Node "/check-time/enabled" not found
> 2.  ERROR No such value or node: "/check-time/enabled" for registry.c or
> regutil.c
> 3.  Couldn't get "/check-time/enabled" at /opt/ldm/bin/ldmadmin line 99.
>
> Using the regutil command shows that the
> "regutil<https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/glindex.html#regutil>
> /pqact/datadir-path  is located in "/opt/ldm/var/data/".  This is not in
> the same directory as the
> scour<https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/glindex.html#scour>
> and pqact configuration files, which are located in "/opt/ldm/etc/".

This is correct.  The notion is that data received and processed (e.g., FILE
action)
will need to be written to a location that has sufficient disk space, and
old data will be deleted (by scour, for example) to make room for new data
that is received.  Configuration files like scour.conf, ldmd.conf, and
pqact.conf will be invariant across LDM installations, so they should
be located in a directory that does not get touched by data scouring
routines.

re:
> To start with, I am interested in setting up a data stream for GOES
> satellite imagery and then will move onto some model data like HRRR
> (if available through LDM).

OK, this is easily done.  The first question you need to answer is
which satellite data you are interested in.  Available in the IDD are:

feed      type of satellite data
SATELLITE L1b imagery from GOES-16 and GOES-17 distributed in the GOES
ReBroadcast (GRB)
NIMAGE    L2 imagery and products from GOES-16 and GOES17 distributed in
NOAAPort
UNIWISC   select GOES-16 and GOES-17 imagery and products in McIDAS AREA format
          (used in GEMPAK, McIDAS-X, IDV for example)

re:
> Please let me know if you need any additional information or clarifications.
> Thank you very much for your time and help.

We will learn more as we chat.

Ticket ID: RYQ-254352
Department: Support LDM