[LDM #RYQ-254352]: Inquiry on additional LDM support and training

Hi,

re:
> I am addressing some other work to prepare transitioning our LDM feeds through
> another route and hope to do more testing next week on the LDM configuration.
> I will get back to you and Steve on when I will be able to call you for
> further
> discussion.

OK, but we would greatly prefer to _NOT_ do things in a phone call.  Using
a collaboration tool like Meet, Zoom, etc. will be much better as we can
all share our screens.

re:
> I am also looking at implementing some of our real-time data transfers through
> THREDDS.  How does this differ from LDM?

An LDM pushes data to the downstream client as soon as the products
REQUESTed are received.  What the site does with the data at that point
is up to them.  THREDDS, on the other hand, has to be interrogated to
get specific products.  THREDDS is better for occasional user, and the
LDM is better for when all of the data is wanted all of the time.

re:
> Are you the ones to also contact for THREDDS questions

No.

re:
> or is that a different group?

It is different people in Unidata.  We are all in the same group, but
different sets of us are responsible for different software packages.

re:
> I see that the support contact for THREDDS is address@hidden,

No.  The email to use when submitting THREDDS inquiries is:

address@hidden

The address address@hidden is for questions about how to use
the LDM in getting real-time feeds, and other configurations.

re:
> so I will use this one instead for any of those questions if this is
> the correct contact.

For THREDDS use:

address@hidden

re:
> Some of the real-time data we are interested in are:
>
> 1.  surface, buoy, and ship observations
> 2.  NAM-12 km, NAM-32 km
> 3.  GFS-0.25 degree, GFS-0.5 degree
> 4.  HRRR
> 5.  GOES Satellite imagery

These are all available in LDM/IDD feeds.

re:
> Please let me know if you need any additional information.

We don't need anything more except when a good day/time to get together
will be (if you still want to, of course).

re:
> Thank you very much for your time and help.

No worries.

Ticket ID: RYQ-254352
Department: Support LDM