[LDM #GKJ-401487]: Repeated readtcp EOF and RPC layer closed logging

Hi,

re:
> I've been trying to configure our LDM to receive raob sounding data for
> Alaska and the US from Unidata and I thought it was included in the
> IDS|DDPLUS feed from  idd.unidata.ucar.edu.

All RAOB data should be in the IDS|DDPLUS feed.

re:
> (WMO headers for these data
> are USAK17, UMAK17, USUS46, UMUS46).  However no configuration I've tried
> has worked, so I just opened it up to everything in my ldmd.conf with this
> pattern...
> REQUEST IDS|DDPLUS ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu

OK, this is a good move when troubleshooting.

re:
> Could that have caused feed overlap and the errors I reported?  I also have
> the entries below which use a different feed so I didn't think they would
> cause an overlap...
> REQUEST NEXRAD3 "/pDAAACG" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> REQUEST NEXRAD3 "/pDAAAIH" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> REQUEST NEXRAD3 "/pDAAAHG" idd.unidata.ucar.edu

No since you are talking about two different feeds, IDS|DDPLUS and NEXRAD3.

re:
> Are the RAOB data files available on the IDS|DDPLUS feed? ... or something
> else?

They should all be in the IDS|DDPLUS feed.

Aside:

I just plotted 12Z RAOBs in McIDAS for most of the stations in Alaska that
report
RAOB data, and most of them plotted fine, and the McIDAS RAOB decoders are setup
to process data from the IDS|DDPLUS feed.

Ticket ID: GKJ-401487
Department: Support LDM