[LDM #CZE-486853]: GFS grid question

Hi Rick,

[Our support email system behaved funny, so I'm resending my reply in case you
didn't see it.]

> We have 3 machines running ldm for use in McIDAS-XCD (nps1, nps2 and
> on-noaaport)
> ldmd.conf and pqact.conf are identical in nps1/2 queue size on nps1 is 32G
> and 500M on nps2.
> ldm versions are different  nps1 (ldm-6.13.11), nps2 (ldm-6.13.13)
> I dumped ldmwatch to files overnight (see below). nps2 is seeing
> duplicate lines.

By "lines", do you mean "data products"?

> Repercussion is McIDAS-XCD writes duplicate grids to the grib files.

Depending on how much data Nps2 is receiving, its queue might be too small to
reject duplicate data products.

> Do you have gnuplot(1) installed and are you collecting metrics as described
> here ? If so, then the command "ldmadmin plotmetrics" will show
> you the time-series of the age of the oldest product in the queue. It's best
> to keep this parameter larger than the "max_latency" parameter in
> the LDM registry in order to avoid duplicate products.

> The last machine is a bit different as it is only looking for GFS grid
> coming in from CONDUIT and NGRID (ldmd.conf)
>     request CONDUIT|NGRID ".*.gfs*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
>     request CONDUIT|NGRID ".*.GFS*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> ldmadmin watch for nps1 and on-noaaport have comparable output from
> ldmadmin watch.

> Duplicate grids is one problem. Second problem is we are missing a lot
> of 1 degree GFS grids on on-noaaport.

I'll defer answering this issue to Tom. He's our data expert.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: CZE-486853
Department: Support LDM