[LDM #KVN-213017]: LDM install

Hi Ammon,

> I am trying to install the LDM service on one of my servers and am
> running into an issue with the make install. It can not find the
> makefile. all I make is Makefile.am and Makefile.in
> I am running debian 10.7
> The config and make logs are attached.

First, the file "config.log" contained this at its top:

>   $ ./configure --disable-max-size

Unless you have a previously-existing LDM product-queue from a 32-bit system
that you want to use, you probably would be better off using a command like
this:

    ./configure --disable-root-actions

Because of the option "--disable-root-actions", you'll have to execute the
command "make root-action" as root after the LDM is installed.

The "config.log" file also contained this:

> configure:15378: checking for libxml/parser.h
> configure:15378: result: no
> configure:15384: checking libxml/parser.h usability
> configure:15384: c99 -c -g -O2 -I/usr/include/libxml2 conftest.c >&5
> conftest.c:127:10: fatal error: libxml/parser.h: No such file or directory
>  #include <libxml/parser.h>
>           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> compilation terminated.

Something similar to this should also have been emitted by the configure(1)
script when you executed it.

Your problem is that the configure script couldn't find the libxml2
*development* package on your computer. See
<https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/platform.html#development>
 for more information. Install that package (and any other necessary packages)
and the re-execute the configure(1) script.

Feel free to contact us if you have further issues.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: KVN-213017
Department: Support LDM