[LDM #MDC-227212]: LDM Compile Error

Hi,

re:
> After reviewing the configuration file, consolidation by revising the regular
> expressions may not be a possibility because the product request statements
> reference different upstream servers.

If you are saying that all 66 REQUESTs are being made to different upstream
LDMs, then this is the first time we have ever seen a configuration like this!

re:
> For this load, what would you recommend  above and beyond the allocated 16GB
> RAM
> and single CPU (Xeon E-2640 v4)?

There are a number of pieces of information that we would need before being able
to give a good response to this question.  Here are some questions and requests
for output:

1) please send us the output of 'ldmadmin config'

   We want to see how large your LDM queue is, etc.

2) are you running metrics gathering?

   What we are referring to is running the following things from
   crontab:

#
# LDM-6.8.1+ metrics gathering
#
* * * * * bin/ldmadmin addmetrics > /dev/null
0 0 1 * * bin/ldmadmin newmetrics > /dev/null

  The metrics file created, ~ldm/var/logs/metrics.txt, will, after
  metrics gathering has run long enough, tell us important things
  as time series plots:

  age of the oldest product in the queue
  CPU loading
  etc.

3) we need to have some idea of what you are doing with the
   products that are being REQUESTed

   For instance, if they are being written to disk files, is
   the partition you are doing the writes on NFS mounted?

   If the file system to which received products are being written
   is slow, then the processing of the products will also be slow,
   and this _will_ affect how fast the LDM can be shutdown using
   'ldmadmin stop'.  Why?  The LDM tries to let processes complete
   what they are doing before shutting down.  If there are a number
   of processes waiting on system resources, it will take a long time
   for them to complete, and the sum of this kind of waiting adds up
   to the time it takes for the LDM to stop.

Question:

- is it not permissible to share more information about your setup
  so that we have the information needed to give good advice?

  For instance, my example about combining feed REQUESTs only focused
  on like products.  REQUEST(s) for unlike products can also be
  combined if they will be coming from the same upstream LDM.

- could you, for instance, share your setup with us in, for instance,
  a Google Meet?

Comment:

- we think that streamlining your LDM setup will go a LONG way towards
  mitigating the problems you are experiencing

  After reorganization (if possible, of course), an assessment of how
  much more computing resources are needed to accomplish the task(s) at
  had can be better made.

Ticket ID: MDC-227212
Department: Support LDM