[LDM #RTQ-862032]: Internal Server to External issue

Hi Tiffany,

re:
> Attaching both config files.

Thanks for sending these as attachments!  I think I see a, and perhaps the,
problem.

re:
> SRPWIT03 is the older server and I have added the lines for the new
> server SRPHYLDM01 (10.199.102.202) and commented out lines for now.
> Like I said I was trying multiple things so you may see both the
> hostname and IP. Also the config for SRPHYLDM01 is mostly the same
> as the config on the current server it is replacing and working
> (SRPWIT02) --- I haven't altered the other lines and they seem to
> all work (as far as the requests from upstream sources).

I downloaded the attached LDM configuration files, and opened both using
'vi'.  What I see is:

- srpwit03-ldmd.conf is a Unix formatted file

- srphyldm01-ldmd.conf is a DOS formatted file

DOS formatted files do not work correctly with the LDM parsing,
so this may be (at least part of) your problem.

You can use 'vi' (vim) to see that the file is DOS formatted
as follows:

vi <file to edit>
:set ff?

For srpwit03-ldmd.conf, this should show:

  fileformat=unix

For srphyldm01-ldmd.conf this should show:

  fileformat=dos

You can change the formatting of srphyldm01-ldmd.conf from DOS
to Unix using:

vi srphyldm01-ldmd.conf
:set ff=unix
:w!

Then, verify that the format is now Unix:

:set ff?

After changing the format of the file from dos to unix, you should
no longer have to:

- surround hostnames with quotes

- include the extra ".*" field on ALLOWs

Comments:

- if you have edited other LDM configuration files with a Windows
  editor, you should change their format from dos to unix following
  the procedure above.

- after changing the format of the LDM configuration file
  (~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf) from dos to unix, you should stop and restart
  the LDM that uses that configuration file

re:
> I will send over the logs as soon as weather permits.

OK, thanks.

I think that once you have changed the file format type from
dos to unix, your problems will likely go away.

re:
> Thank you again,

No worries.

Ticket ID: RTQ-862032