[LDM #RTQ-862032]: Internal Server to External issue

Hi Tiffany,

re:
> I did check for extra or extraneous characters on windows through notepad++.
> I will double check this.

Can you send us your LDM configuration file (~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf) as an
attachment (not a cut and paste copy)?  We'd like to take a close look
to see if we can figure out why you have had to do two things to get
things working that no other site has had to do:

- surround hostnames with quotes

- add the last field in your ALLOW line(s)

All I can think of is the file was edited with a non-*nix editor
and that has left characters that are not being interpreted
correctly.

re:
> I thought that the file just wouldn't compile (the dreaded configuration
> file error) - so I thought I would be in the clear with that.

We are referring to the LDM configuration file, ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf.  This
file will have nothing to do with the ability to compile the LDM source
code.

re:
> That is odd -- I tried the ERE for that allow like you listed below
> and it would no longer let me communicate with it from SRPWIT03.
> I can still use the hostname but not that...

This is another thing that is different in your setup and all others
that we have seen.  Add this to the list of why we would like to
examine your LDM configuration file.

re:
> I can get the logs for you tomorrow (once the weather clears) on
> these after I let it sit with trying to get data for a bit.

Sounds good, thanks!

re:
> I have been troubleshooting on SRPHYLDM01 several times today so I
> don't think it would help to send the ones I have over now.
>
> Thanks!

No worries.

Ticket ID: RTQ-862032
Department: Support LDM