[LDM #RTQ-862032]: Internal Server to External issue

Hi Tiffany,

> I am not sure what you mean by differing from the Unidata LDM?

You mentioned that you were using SRPHYLDM -- so I thought it might be a
modified version of the Unidata LDM.

> It just has the latest version of LDM installed on it.
> I know for our SRPWIT03 machine it is on the 6.13.1 version -- so that does
> differ. I wouldn't mind updating once this migration of our 5 servers is
> complete.
>
> I was also able to get it to work with:
> ALLOW ANY     "10.1.142.77"
> OR
> ALLOW ANY     "srpwit03.srp.gov"
> I know it expects a pattern there (so that may be why) but I was just
> following what our old configs have that seemed to work before.

Did you edit the file on a non-Unix system (Windows, for example)?. If so, then
there might be extraneous characters in the file. You can check for this via
the command "od -c".

The third field in an ALLOW entry is an extended regular expression. Therefore,
your entry

    ALLOW ANY "10.1.142.77"

will match host "evil10x1y142z77.bwa.ha.ha.mordor.com" and is better written as

    ALLOW ANY ^10\.1\.142\.77$

The "^" and "$" anchor-characters require that the match start at the beginning
of the string and end at the end of the string. See
<https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/ERE.html> for
more information.

> I am, however, still seeing issues seeing the downstream server (SRPWIT03
> 10.1.142.77) receive the data it is requesting upstream from SRPHYLDM01.
> I can see in the notifyme -vl- -h srphyldm01 that it is receiving the data,
> but SRPWIT03 does not show it in the queue through ldmadmin watch or notifyme.
> It has the same request lines as the old server (nothing changed on them). I
> can only test a few at a time because SRPWIT03 is a current production server
> and I had to stop due to weather conditions. Additionally, I am not really
> seeing any errors in the logs for this...it just isn't coming through. I can
> check again later once the weather clears.

Can you see the LDM log file on SRPHYLDM01? Is there anything relevant in it or
the LDM log file on SRPWIT03?

> I have had quite the time with this :) Thanks for your patience and help!

No worries. This is why we're here.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: RTQ-862032