[LDM #DEO-146112]: Qustion on LDM

Hi Wei,

re:
> The feed we want to REQUEST from lead.unidata.ucar.edu is in default
> ldmd.conf:
>
> REQUEST EXP ".*" lead.unidata.ucar.edu                        # GOES ABI
> netCDF4 (full sector)

That is an old and archaic REQUEST line.  ALL images that were in the EXP
feed from lead.unidata.ucar.edu are now in the NIMAGE feed.

re:
> I saw in ldmd.conf the line below is comment out.
>
> #REQUEST DIFAX "OR_ABI" idd.unidata.ucar.edu          # GOES ABI netCDF4
> (tiles)

The feed that is named SATELLITE in current LDM releases used to
be named DIFAX.  The contents of the SATELLITE/DIFAX feed are GOES-16/17
L1b images, and those are NOT supported in AWIPS.  The GOES-16/GOES-17
images are L2 files, and those are supported in AWIPS.

re:
> Can we get GOES ABI netCDF4 from idd instead of lead?

The images you will want for use in AWIPS are the images in
the NIMAGE feed.  As I noted above, those used to be available
in the EXP feed from lead.unidata.ucar.edu, and the images in
the SATELLITE feed will not work in AWIPS, so there is no reason
for you to REQUEST them.

re:
> Thanks,

No worries.