[LDM #ORR-654962]: ldmadmin newlog

Michael,

We have had the problem since upgrading some systems from RHEL6 to
> RHEL7. Below is the newlog and refresh_logging info.
>
> The command: "command kill -s USR1 -- -`cat $HOME/ldmd.pid`" did not
> start logging to the new, empty log file.
>
> The command: "kill -s USR1 -- -`cat $HOME/ldmd.pid`" did start logging
> to the new, empty log file, correctly.

I thought that was impossible, but apparently not.

I think you identified the problem, which is the location of the
> ldmd.pid file or the LDMHOME env setting.

I believe the solution has two parts:

   1. Replace "command kill" in the refresh_logging(1) utility with
   "/bin/kill". This change will be in the next release.
   2. Ensure that the LDMHOME environment variable has the value
   "/usr1/ldm".

> Should the LDMHOME env variable be set to /usr1/ldm/ldm-6.13.11?

Definitely not! The LDMHOME variable, in your case, should be "/usr1/ldm".

Regards,
Steve Emmerson
LDM developer

Ticket ID: ORR-654962