[LDM #AFT-567406]: GOES-17 data filing question

Hi Mike,

re:
> Yes, queue was 12 GB and just bumped to 24 GB...session below.

Looks good.

re:
> Same on Charney now.  Keep in mind that there is NOTHING running on
> Charney, and only Conus and FullDisk sat data coming in.

So, something happened wrt the SJSU network since we started this
investigation.  I believe that the change happened last week when
the indicated latencies on vulcan went from very low to a pronounced
climb towards 3600s.

The real-time stats plots of latencies (not from rtstats, but from a
test system that is powered by Daryl Herzmann's implementation) look
terrible - the latencies are like pegged at the maximum value.  It
will be very interesting if the latencies go back towards zero
after the end of the normal school day!

re:
> Thanks for the tip on plotmetrics.  I'll run those and post to web so we
> can all review as needed.

Excellent!

re:
> For now it sounds like we need to wait a bit to see if bumping the queue to
> 24 GB helps.

It should help with the large Full Disk images from the SATELLITE feed
being inserted into and processed out of the queue.  This should happen
after the latencies drop down to values that are less than the maximum
latency value that is specified in the LDM registry.

Ticket ID: AFT-567406
Department: Support LDM