[LDM #GUQ-669331]: Both Radar and Satellite feeds stopped downloading abruptly

John,

> Your emails are really cryptic to me by how you interweave your replies with
> my past emails :) I'm having a hard  time following but I'll do my best,
> sorry.

No worries.

> 1. It still cannot be our datacenter's IDS/IPS because we duplicated the
> issue with rime outside the datacenter a month or so ago.

I agree.

It still could be campus-wide congestion.

> 2. It looks like you were right from the beginning in that the problem
> appears to be quickly narrowing down to our campus firewall.

That would be consistent with everything we've seen.

> 3. I've set the time...when they moved us out of the TTU network I could no
> longer use ntpdate and had to resort to htpdate which I had never used.

Can't you use ntpd(8)? If not, then why? I've never heard of a site not being
able to use ntpd(8).

> 4. The bandwidth of the AT&T network pipe is also 10Gbs.

Good. That will suffice.

> I've noticed that both the NOTHER and NEXRAD3 for rime are showing an eerily
> precise latency at roughly 400 seconds.  Does that look right or is this just
> a graphing presentation issue?

That's exactly the trace we would expect to see for a site that's receiving the
products with little latency but who's clock is off.

> Holler if you have any more questions.  Thanks again for working on this what
> has to be an incredibly frustrating problem from y'alls end.

Show this new information to your network administrator and request that they
fix the problem.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: GUQ-669331