[LDM #ASE-244121]: LDM upgrade

Hi,

re:
> ... we have ldm installed in one of our linux servers
> and I was asked to update the version from  6.11.6 to the latest one

OK.

re:
> what is the process to update the application?

You need to download, build and install the new version of the LDM.
If you installed the previous version according to the instructions
in our LDM documentation:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/source-install-steps.html

All you will need to do after completely installing the new LDM version
is:

<as 'ldm'>
cd ~ldm
ldmadmin stop
rm runtime
ln -s ldm-6.13.11 runtime
ldmadmin start

re
> A backup of the ldm.conf file from the older version can be
> restored onto the new one and it should work?
> Or are there any other files that needs to
> be maintained and restored on the newer package to get it working?

The files used in configuring the LDM (e.g., ldmd.conf, registry.xml,
pqact.conf, etc.) are stored in the directory ~ldm/etc, and they
will _not_ be overwritten when installing a new version of the LDM,
so they don't need to be backed up and then restored.

re:
> I appreciate your response

No worries.

Ticket ID: ASE-244121