[LDM #FVT-875334]: LDM source IP used when connecting to remote server

Robert,

> I don't think the current behavior is a bug.  The system OS is deciding
> what IP to use. It chooses the IP based on the routing table. Make
> sense. An earlier comment I made mentioned if the server is multit-homed
> setting an IP could be an issue. So this behavior needs to be preserved.
>
> I think it's more of a feature request. It would be nice to have another
> variable in the configuration file to control the behavior of what
> source IP is used when talking to upstream feeds. A value set to 0.0.0.0
> would be the behavior in place today. Setting an IP would do a
> "addr.sin_addr.s_addr = IP" and the bind() call after.  Talk to Mike
> about the usefulness of this in dealing with upstream connections
> through firewalls.  It would also help folks like myself doing LDM HA
> with Pacemaker.

If such a parameter were in the LDM registry, it would affect *all* connections
to upstream LDM-s. Better to add it to the REQUEST entry in the LDM
configuration-file, etc/ldmd.conf.

That will affect parsing and the necessary code changes will likely be
relatively extensive (the RPC library will likely need to be modified). Could
take a while.

Can't you modify your routing table appropriately?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: FVT-875334
Department: Support LDM