[LDM #ODB-958491]: LDM and RHEL 8

Hi Bryan,

> I was wondering if you can tell me when LDM will be supported on Redhat
> Enterprise Linux  (RHEL) 8.

As far as I know, the LDM already works with RHEL 8. Please inform us if you
know different.

> I believe we are planning to use the SElinux mode.
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/8/html-single/considerations_in_adopting_rhel_8/index#selinux_security

Earlier version of the LDM did have a problem with SElinux. The canonical
pathname of the LDM log file is ~ldm/var/logs/ldmd.log. By default, SElinux
won't allow the system logging daemon to write into file that are not in a
sanctioned directory and we haven't figured-out how to configure SElinux to
allow this. This was one of the reasons version 6.13 of the LDM uses a
different logging mechanism by default. This and later versions shouldn't have
any problems logging.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: ODB-958491