[LDM #PVY-821721]: Problem with ldmd.conf after upgrading to 6.13.11

Chris,

> Thanks.  I do not have root access on the server, and when I ran the
> configure script it asked for the root password.  I do have 'su' privileges
> so my system admin suggested that I run the script that way ("su
> ./configure").  I must have also built and installed as superuser too,
> which looks like a no no.  But you installed it fine without root
> privileges - am I missing something?  I'm just trying to understand so I
> can do this the right way next time.

The LDM user is a member of group "wheel" and, consequently, has sudo(1)
access. I used this to remove the previous root-based installation and to
perform the installation actions that needed privileges on the newly-downloaded
package.

In the future, the easiest steps for you are likely (as the LDM user)

    1. Unpack the distribution with "pax -zr -s ';/;/src/;' <ldm-6..."
    2. Run the configure(1) script with the "--disable-root-actions" option
    3. Build and install the package via "make install"
    4. Execute the actions that require privileges using sudo ("sudo make
root-actions")

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: PVY-821721