[LDM #UUO-431027]: LDM to S3

Hi Greg,

re:
> Long time LDM users, we are trying to write to S3 vs our local LDM box.
>
> This command works, files are written locally:
>
> EXP   ^(uwis-obs.*)
> FILE  -flush  -close /data/vendor/obs/\1
>
> We've installed the AWS CLI, but this command isn't writing to S3.
>
> EXP   ^(uwis-obs.*)
> PIPE  -close aws s3 cp s3://bucketname/vendor/obs/
>
> Am I missing something obvious?

Assuming that the action that runs 'aws' is properly formatted (i.e.,
tabs as white space where needed), then the likely reason that this
is not working is that the Python script 'aws' was/is not found in the
PATH of the user running the LDM when the LDM was started, or that
the Python interpreter is also not in the PATH in scope.  The is one
other thing that is different in your action from one that we have
used successfully:

# Sync all GRB products to AWS
DIFAX   ^/data/cspp-geo/GRB-R/(.*)
        PIPE    -close
        /opt/bin/aws s3 cp - s3://goesingest/\1

In our case:

- we explicitly tell the LDM where the 'aws' script is located

- the directory containing the v3 Python executable is in the
  PATH of our LDM user

Question:

- have you run the action you are using in your pattern-action file
  successfully by hand?

Ticket ID: UUO-431027
Department: Support LDM