[LDM #WOM-274153]: Reproducible bug in LDM 6.13.10

Hi,

Glad to hear things are going well.

Very few of our clients ingest NOAAPort -- and they tend to be "big boys" like
yourself; consequently, we haven't put much work into making things easy.

Modify the file "src/noaaport/nplog_rotate" as necessary and execute the
command "make install" to re-install it. Then add an invocation of it to the
LDM user's crontab(1).

> No issues here so far with LDM 6.11.13 at AllisonHouse, or at COD.
>
> But why is it, after 10+  years, I just thought of an issue with the LDM?
>
> You know: I know why I don't use the logs on a NOAAport ingester for each
> channel (nwstg, nwstg2, GOES, etc)
> like you recommend. When you do an "ldmadmin newlog", those
> NOAAport-related log files don't get rotated like ldmd.log do.
> They just grow and grow, until you run out of disk space, or the file
> system pukes on it.
>
> Can you have them rotate out? If LDM were smart, they'd only be rotated
> with the "--with-noaaport" option compiled into it.
> Like ldmd.log, if you ask for 4 logs to be saved, there should be 4 of
> each. If you really wanted to be fancy, you could customize
> every log, but...too much work, IMO.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: WOM-274153