[LDM #KAS-595282]: is "data" appended to datadir-path

Dan

> Description of problem: I just would like to verify that a directory named
> "data" is appended to the datadir-path registry variable name to dictate the
> location of processed files.
>
> In other words, the LDM data does not go into
> <datadair-path>
> but rather
> <datadir-path>/data

The working directory of all pqact(1) processes is the value of the LDM
registry parameter "/pqact/datadir-path". You can see this value with the
command "regutil /pqact/datadir-path". Consequently, all relative pathnames in
FILE actions of a pqact(1) configuration-file will be relative to this
directory. For example, the following entry

    <feed> <pattern> FILE foo.bar

will append products to the file `regutil /pqact/datadir-path`/foo.bar, whereas
this entry

    <feed> <pattern> FILE /tmp/foo.bar

will append products to the file "/tmp/foo.bar".

> If this is correct, is there a way to override this at a global level? I know
> this can be altered on a product-by-product basis, but that is too much to
> maintain.

You can set the current working directory for all pqact(1) processes via the
command "regutil -s <datadir> /pqact/datadir-path", where <datadir> is the
pathname of the "data" directory. Then, either restart your LDM or execute the
command "ldmadmin pqactHUP".

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: KAS-595282