[LDM #WWL-921247]: ldm is running but no data

Hi Sen,

re:
> the problem I got was with the new version on the ldmd and hupsyslog. I was
> doing the make thing as ldm, then I double checked Steve's email. I have to
> be root to do the make command.

OK, that explains the lack of setuid root permissions on ldmd and hupsyslog.

re:
> I only link the ./bin of 6.13.6  to ./runtime. do I need to link other
> folders as well?

Yes.  The runtime link approach long used by the LDM makes building
and installing a new version of the LDM (or rolling back to an older
version) very easy.  The idea is that 'runtime' should point at
the distribution to be used, not just to the 'bin' directory.
I recommend that you do the following as soon as you get the
chance:

<as 'ldm'>
cd ~ldm
ldmadmin stop
rm runtime  (or whatever link you made previously)
ln -s ldm-6.13.6 runtime

To convince yourself that this will include making the
new LDM distribution's bin directory available, do:

ls -alt bin/

You should get the listing of the LDM-6.13.6 binaries.

Finally, start the LDM:

ldmadmin start.

re:
> anyhow, it's still working at this moment.

Yes, but it will be better for you and us in the future if
you went ahead and completed the runtime link as show above.

Comment/question:

- I am assuming that deleting and remaking the LDM queue when
  you were running LDM 6.13.5 was what got your previous build
  working finally

  Please let us know if this was or was not what was needed.
  The information will help us provide support to others in
  the future.

Ticket ID: WWL-921247
Department: Support LDM