[LDM #WWL-921247]: ldm is running but no data

Hi Sen,

re: rebuild and re-install the LDM on charney
> ok. was trying to.

Very good.

re:
> what is the error message for ? when I do configure, it ran and stopped at
>
> configure: error: Header-file not found

We need to see more of the configure output to be able to say which header
file was not found.  The easiest way for us is if you do the following
(the syntax used for redirecting output assumes use of BASH as the user
shell):

<as 'ldm'>
cd ~ldm/ldm-6.13.5/src
make distclean
./configure >configure.log 2>&1

and then send us the configure.log file.

Comments:

- it is most likely that some development package needed by the LDM was
  not installed when the OS was upgraded on charney

  The packages most likely to be missing are:

  libxml2-devel
  zlib-devel
  libpng-devel

  If the OS on charney is a RedHat distribution or variant, 'root' needs
  to install missing packages using 'yum'.

  For instance:

  <as 'root'>
  yum install libxml2-devel zlib-devel libpng-devel

- this is likely an opportune time to upgrade from LDM-6.13.5 to LDM-6.13-6

  Here is how:

  <as 'ldm'>
  cd ~ldm/ldm-6.13.5/src
  make distclean

  cd ~ldm
  wget ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/ldm/ldm-6.13.6.tar.gz
  gunzip -c ldm-6.13.6.tar.gz | pax -r '-s:/:/src/:'
  cd ldm-6.13.6/src

  ./configure >configure.log 2>&1
  make >makelog 2>&1
  make install >install.log 2>&1

  NB: running 'make' assumes that the configure step is successful,
  and running 'make install' assumes that the configure and make steps
  are successful.

Ticket ID: WWL-921247
Department: Support LDM