[LDM #JZI-440561]: Asking for Assistance on Setting up LDM

Krisna,

> Thank you for your last response to my issue. Now after re-building and
> re-installing the LDM packages, I did not receive the error message anymore.
>
> But I have another issue, and hoping to get another assistance. I am trying
> to setup LDM server to get satellite imagery from the host server. I have
> contacted and asked the technician to set our IP so that we can bypass
> their firewall. But when I asked them to tell us on how to setup the server
> to receive the product data, once again they direct us to the LDM
> documentation.
>
> So based on few knowledge after reading the documentation for last couple
> few days, I came up with these setup.
>
> On ldmd.conf I added:
> ---
> REQUEST ANY .* cira-ldm1.cira.colostate.edu

This will cause the upstream LDM to send you everything it has. Most sites
reduce the amount of data they receive to only what they're interested in by
specifying a particular feedtype or set of feedtypes.

> ALLOW   ANY ^((cira\-ldm1\.cira\.colostate\.edu)|(129\.82\.109\.139))$

If Colorado State won't request anything from you, then this entry is
superfluous.

> ---
>
> On pqact.conf I added (since I am not sure the file types) - with
> tab-delimitted:
> ---
> ANY (.*) FILE \1

This will save all products into files that have the same name as the product
identifier, which isn't necessarily a good filename. Most sites use parentheses
in the regular expression to extract those portions of the product-identifier
that would make a good filename and then use back-references (e.g., "\1") to
construct a unique filename.

> After I start LDM using the configuration described above, I found that the
> log throws some errors (I have attached the logs as for your preference).
> But most of the errors are:
>
> 20181016T090325.090251Z cira-ldm1.cira.colostate.edu[32055] NOTE
> requester6.c:588:req6_new() LDM-6 desired product-class:
> 20181016080325.090221 TS_ENDT {{ANY, ".*"}}
> 20181016T090325.188204Z cira-ldm1.cira.colostate.edu[32055] NOTE
> error.c:236:err_log() Upstream LDM didn't reply to FEEDME request; RPC:
> Unable to receive; errno = Connection reset by peer

The error messages indicate that the upstream LDM never saw a connection from
your LDM. Try using telnet(1) or ncat(1) to make a TCP connection to port 388
on cira-ldm1.cira.colostate.edu. If you can't, then something is wrong with the
network and/or firewall rules.

A good command to use to check for whether or not the LDM will work is
something like "notifyme -vl- -h ldm1.cira.colostate.edu". If everything is
configured correctly, then you should see all the data-products that the
upstream LDM receives.

> It seems that based on the log it is able to get the data, but unable to
> process it because I did not configure properly. Maybe the pqact.conf? I am
> not sure.
>
> I am hoping to have your assistance once again.
>
> Thank you for your time and assistance.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: JZI-440561