[LDM #JZI-440561]: Asking for Assistance on Setting up LDM

Hi Krisna,

> My name is Krisna, I am new to LDM, and trying to setup a server to get
> the GOES East GeoColor imagery.
>
> So far I have setup EC2 server using Ubuntu 18.04 64bit, and allow incoming
> TCP connection from port 388.
>
> I have followed all the steps in your documentation in this link
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/ on installing
> from the source code.
>
> And I manage to install LDM using below configurations:
> ./configure --disable-root-actions --with-ulog --disable-max-size
> --with-noaaport --with-gribinsert CPPFLAGS=-UNDEBUG >configure.log 2>&1

Unless you have a good reason for using the system logging daemon, I recommend
not using the "--with-ulog" option.

Because you're installing from scratch, I wouldn't use the "--disable-max-size"
option.

Because you're not ingesting from a NOAAPort reception dish, you don't need the
"--with-noaaport" option.

Because you're not generating LDM data-products from NCEP model output, you
don't need the "--with-gribinsert" option.

Finally, the "CPPFLAGS=-UNDEBUG" option won't do anything -- so you can leave
it out.

So, I recommend re-building and re-installing the LDM package like this:
    make distclean
    ./configure --disable-root-actions >configure.log 2>&1 && echo Configured
    make install >install.log 2>&1 && echo Installed
    sudo make root-actions

The last step is absolutely necessary.

> make install >make.log 2>&1
> ---
>
> Then as for the testing purpose I have followed some example setup from
> this link :
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/workshop/specifics.html#profile
>
> But when I tried to run LDM using ldmadmin start, I get this error message:
> ldm@ip-172-31-43-25:~$ ldmadmin start
> Checking the product-queue...
> Checking pqact(1) configuration-file(s)...
> /home/ldm/etc/pqact.conf: syntactically correct
> hupsyslog: kill -HUP 750: Permission denied
> new_log(): Couldn't refresh LDM logging
> start_ldm(): Couldn't rotate log files
>
> Could you please help me with this issue? I have been trying to figure it
> out for the pass two days but still cannot resolve it. For your
> information, I have added ldm user to sudo group, and run some scripts on
> the (*The LDM cannot logging* section) from this link:
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/troubleshooting.html

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: JZI-440561